Winter is here though it is being loved by everyone. Winter is time for warmth, coziness, and comfort. It is time for those endless talks around the fire or snuggling under the blankets sipping your hot coffee. However, the freezing winter has an extreme effect on your skin and hair. Especially, they have an adverse impact on your hair. It would make your scalp super uncomfortable, rough & flaky. Therefore, you need a separate hair care routine to take care of your hair. In this post, we are sharing with you the top winter care tips for your hair.
1. Moisturize Your Scalp With Hair Oil: During the winter, your scalp gets drier and itchy due to a lack of moisture in the air. This may lead to dandruff, scalp irritation, and flakiness, causing hair fall. You can use coconut oil or any other hair oil to keep your hair moisturized. For better results, you can warm the oil and massage the scalp to keep your hair strong & dandruff-free in winter.
2. Avoid Frequent Hair Washes: During winter, we’ll advise you to not regularly wash your hair as it would clean off the oil from your hair making them dry. Do not wash your hair with shampoo more than twice a week because it will propel hair fall. We’ll advise you to always use a sulfate-free shampoo to keep the moisture balance.
3. Conditioning The Hair In Right Way: We’ll strongly recommend you use conditioner in winter. You can use shea butter shampoo, olive oil conditioner for the best outcome.
4. Avoid Heat Styling Tool: During the winter don’t use heat styling tools on your hair as it would make your hair dry & brittle. Instead of it, you should sit in the sun to dry your hair. Try to dry your hair naturally during the winter.
5. Don’t Step Out in the Wet Hair: We will advise you to never go out in wet hair as it would make your hair dry and weak. Allow your hair extra time to dry during the winter before moving out.
6. Cover Your Hair: During the cold temperature, your hair gets stressed out and becomes dry. So we will advise you to cover your hair while going out to prevent hair fall. You can use cotton or satin cloth to cover your hair. You can also use a dry oil spray to fight static and tame flyaways.