The world’s first GPS-running smartwatch Forerunner 955 with solar charging has been launched by Garmin in India. Along with this smartwatch, Garmin has also launched a Forerunner 255 Series.
These new ranges of Forerunner smartwatches by Garmin are triathlon-ready smartwatches equipped with training features specially designed for athletes and runners.
Garmin’s Forerunner 955 Solar is the world’s first-ever dedicated GPS-running smartwatch with solar charging. This watch features the Power Glass solar charging lens and gives athletes up to 20 days of battery backup in normal smartwatch mode and 49 hours back up in GPS mode.
The Forerunner 255 Series has a battery life of up to 14 days in normal smartwatch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode. All these Forerunner GPS running smartwatches come with Garmin’s Body battery and recovery feature.
Sky Chen, Garmin’s Southeast Asia & India Director said, “With Running becoming more and more popular in India, we are extremely proud to announce our newest range Forerunner 955 Solar and Forerunner 255 Series, a GPS running smartwatch which continues to provide world-class technology and features to the athletes in India.”
These smartwatches are specially designed for running enthusiasts by the runners and optimized with training features. These smartwatches are designed to achieve the runner’s goals with GPS and Solar charging features.
Features of Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar Smartwatch
- Forerunner 955 has a power glass solar charging facility that offers 20 days of battery life in normal mode and 49 hours of life in GPS mode.
- It has a smooth touchscreen interface that allows the wearers to quickly swipe through the stats and other features quickly.
- It has a multi-band GPS that helps the runners to stay on track.
- It has training features that offer training guidelines to runners.
- This smartwatch also tracks heart rate during sleep.
- It also has a race widget that displays race preparation information, weather prediction, and a countdown clock.
- It also measures real-time stamina during running.
Garmin’s Forerunner Price In India
The Garmin Forerunner 255 Basic is available at ₹37,490 with Tidal Blue and Slate Grey varients. Forerunner 255 S Basic is available at 37,490 in Powder Grey color. The price of Forerunner 255 Music edition and Forerunner 255 S Music edition in Black color is ₹42,990.
Forerunner 955 will be available in Black and White colors with the price of ₹52,490. And the price of Forerunner 955 Solar will be ₹63,990.
All these smartwatches by Garmin are available on the Garmin Brand Store, Helios, Croma, Amazon, Tata CLiQ, and Flipkart.