People who receive prayer shawls often consider them to be special items that they will keep forever. A prayer shawl can be given to help someone who is going through a difficult illness, grieving the loss of a loved one or reeling from a disaster. The item provides physical comfort, actual warmth and a tangible reminder that there are others in the world that care for them. Here we are sharing meditation shawls benefits
Benefits of Making a Prayer Shawl
Making a prayer shawl has as many benefits as receiving one. Oftentimes when someone we care about is hurting, we desperately want to help but don’t know how. Making a prayer shawl is a way to channel that stressful energy into something positive. Other benefits people cite of making a knit or crochet prayer shawl include:
- It takes your mind off of your own stress as you help someone else.
- It can heal old wounds. For example, someone who has been through cancer herself might crochet prayer shawls for chemo patients and heal their own pain with each stitch.
- Prayer shawl crafting can be done in groups, which offer camaraderie and companionship to the maker.
- Some people find it easier to make time for crafting when they have a purpose, such as charity crafting, which allows them to reap many health benefits.
- It is a way to bring prayer or meditation into your daily life. Research shows that there are numerous benefits to prayer.